This article will how you how prevent members from logging in to the same account with the same credentials.
Understanding the Default Setting
By default, concurrent logins are possible. That means multiple users can enter the same email and password and stay logged-in at the same time. In some circumstances (e.g. a team of remote workers), concurrent logins might be a desirable setting. It all depends on your needs, but the good news is you can enable and disable that setting as required. Here's how.
Preventing Concurrent Logins
- Go to your Memberstack dashboard.
- Click Settings on the side menu.
- Scroll down to the Other heading.
- Switch on the Disable concurrent logins toggle.
A popup window displays.
- Read the terms (it lets you know that all logged-in users will be logged out if you proceed).
- Check the box to proceed.
- Click Confirm.
- Click Save on the next page.
- Note To enable concurrent logins, switch off the toggle and click Save.
Let's say User A logs in to an account.
- Ten minutes later, User B logs in to the same account with the same ID and password.
- Memberstack automatically logs out User A.
- Ten minutes later, User A logs in with the same credentials.
- Memberstack automatically logs out User B.
The most recent login instance is active. The older login instance is logged out.
Now you know how to enable and disable concurrent logins.