This article shows you how to configure Stripe settings so that you can accept ACH payments on your Webflow site. Automated Clearing House (ACH) payments give your customers the option of paying by transferring funds from their bank account instead of using a credit card. As we note below, this payment method has pros and cons for Memberstack sellers.
Configuring Stripe Settings
The first step is to configure Stripe settings.
- Log in to your Stripe account.
- Click the Settings (gear) icon in the top right corner of the page.
- Click Payment methods.
- On the next page, click the field and select No platform.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Locate the ACH Direct Debit heading and click the Turn on button.
- A popup window displays important information about webhooks. I encourage you to read this text. If everything looks OK, click Turn on anyway.
Because ACH uses a delayed payment system, you won't know right away if a customer's bank transfer payment clears (or not) for a number of days. During that waiting period, the customer has access to your gated content. If the payment later returns as failed, Memberstack automatically changes the subscription status to Unpaid and terminates customer access to the content.
Next, review the information and click Confirm if you agree.
Read the items in the popup window and select the options that best suit your needs. I can't make a recommendation here, though my own general preference is to collect as little data as possible. But that's me.
When you're done, click Save. ACH payments are now enabled on your site.
- BTW You can't collect payments when your site is in Test mode.
Now you know how to enable ACH payments,
Please sign in to leave a comment.