This article shows you how to resync Stripe data. This feature only works when one of your members also has a Stripe account.
What causes customer sync errors? Potentially many factors, though an untimely internet connection problem or a customer changing key data are two possible reasons. The resync tool can fix out-of-date email addresses as well as paid plan and status information.
Here is an example. The screenshot below (part of a Stripe page) shows a customer's old email address and an Advanced subscription with a free trial.
The Members page for the same customer shows a different email and an Advanced (active) plan with no free trial.
- Open the Members page and select the customer row in the table.
- Go to the top right corner of the page and click the ellipsis.
- Select Resync with Stripe.
After a few minutes (actual time depends on server load), two changes take place:
- Stripe updates account information (e.g. email address)
- Memberstack updates customer plan information
Now your customer's data are synced and up to date.