Webhooks are a way for Memberstack to send data to your application in real-time based on specific events. Memberstack uses Svix to allow you to customize everything and easily inspect, test, and debug incoming webhooks with the Svix Play webhook tester & debugger.
Opening the Webhooks Page
- Go to your Memberstack dashboard.
- Click Dev tools on the side menu.
- Scroll down to the Webhooks heading and menu.
- Create and manage endpoints here.
- Shows the available event types and payloads.
- Displays previous webhooks sent to your endpoints.
- Click a log event to display the sent payload. You can also see successful and failed webhook attempts.
- Monitor endpoint success by tracking webhook activity over the past six hours.
Adding an Endpoint
Next, create an endpoint and enable a testing environment.
- Click the Endpoints menu tab and then click the Add Endpoint button.
- Click the use Svix Play link to enable a test environment.
- The app fills the field with a random endpoint URL. Optionally, add text to the Description field.
- Scroll down to the Message Filtering heading and select the events to send to the endpoint.
Adding an Advanced Configuration
Enable this option if you want to set the maximum number requests per second.
- Expand the Advanced Configuration folder.
- Check the box.
- Enter a rate.
- Finally, click the Create button at the bottom of the page.