This article will show you how to add a "Continue with Facebook" button to your signup, login, and profile forms. Part one is a 3-minute video with step-by-step instructions to connect your Memberstack account and Facebook Developer account. Part two will show you how to set up the front end.
Important: If you are having errors please make sure you are copying and pasting the actual Client Secret and not ****.
Part 1: The Backend
Here's a link to the Facebook Developer site.
- The Data Deletion Instructions URL is a page on your site that members can use to request their data be deleted.
- Click "Get Advanced Access" for email and public_profile.
- I had quite a bit of trouble getting the Facebook UI to load properly. If you experience difficulties, I recommend trying again in a private or incognito browser.
- You must complete a Data Use Checkup.
- Toggle your app from test mode to live mode.
Part 2: The Frontend
If you're using Memberstack's pre-built sign-up, login, or profile UI, then you're already finished. Enabled social auth providers will automatically appear in the pre-built UI.
If you'd like to add a social auth button to your Webflow project this section is for you.
Sign up & Login Forms
I recommend copying one of our Webflow social auth buttons. They are 100% built in Webflow, already have the attributes you need, and are easy to customize:
To create your own from scratch:
- Review Facebook's Branding Guidelines for Sign-in buttons.
- Create a link block with the attribute
- Add the Facebook logo.
- Add your button text. We recommend something like "Continue with Facebook"
That's it for signup and login buttons. Profile buttons have a few additional elements.
In this other tutorial, we'll create a UI for members to connect providers, view previously connected providers, and (optionally) disconnect providers.
Errors are usually caused by a miss-matched redirect URI. Click here to learn more.