[Wishlist] Custom Billing on the Fly Not planned
[This post was migrated from our old community roadmap]
- The problem is that in person-to-person sales, negotiation is high, and there is no way for our salespeople to create a payment plan on-the-fly that changes depending on down-payment and payment length.
- This is important because it provides flexibility for every company and sales team to create a custom payment plan for their clients with them on the website.
- Plan B is to create every membership and payment plan possible, which would be thousands of plans.
- A solution you could build is for the checkout modal to have a "down-payment", "months", and "discount" input line that automatically calculates what the monthly bill will be (((total price x discount %) - down-payment)/(x-months) = Monthly Rate). Once the information is inserted into the input lines, the customer pays, automatically creating a plan underneath an existing membership.
I don't know how well I did at explaining, so please let me know if you have any questions.
Please leave follow or leave a comment if this is something you need 👍
Hey Pablo Gonzalez - this is super helpful 🙏 I'll start off by saying it's not our #1 priority right now, but it easily could be with enough demand.
Am I correct to assume these sorts of deals have a big price tag associated with them?
Have you used any other billing/invoicing tools in the past that were able to handle the types of deals you're describing?
Are you hoping to build something like this? https://www.rippling.com/select-quote we're pricing is dynamic and has different variables like # of users, # of seats, annual vs monthly, etc.
Hey Duncan, thank you for getting back to me!
I think a little background into the business would be helpful. So I am building an online platform for an english school in Mexico that has over 60 locations across the country. With the COVID-19 pandemic, the goal is to build each franchise their own platform where their students can pay their monthly/yearly dues and access gated content. Each location runs almost independently, and they do price the service slightly different as each city's rent is more or less expensive than another's.
The deals can take many different forms as everything is individualized to each student, but let's say on average, each student spends around 1,500 dollars. They are inexpensive compared to universities, but probably higher than the average use case for Memberstack, so depends on your perspective
No. This is the first time this business is investing into this type of platform. Everything is currently is manual. The student pays their dues at school, they call the admin office to schedule their next class (yes, for each day and time), etc.
Sort of... The pricing does need to be dynamic, but the variables again would be different. The variables would be:
l. Total Price for the Course.
lll. Length of Contract.
This formula, ((Total Price of Course - Down-Payment) / Length of Contract), would help to define each student's custom plan.
After filling out this pricing table with the salesperson, the student will click "agree", and the salesperson will press continue to where the student will fill out the traditional sign-up form with their information: name, email, age, gender, address, etc., and pay
4. Yes, so there is a ton of gated content inside the student dashboard. If you are a paying student or have paid for the course in full, you have access to a custom student dashboard where you can:
l. Schedule your next class (using Acuity)
ll. See your progress card
lll. Access resources such as homework, embedded audios that compliment each lesson, worksheets, tests, etc.
lV. Zoom access to enter the online class if you choose to not go in-person that day for whatever reason.
V. Access to your contract and your account information.
Once the student stops paying, they lose access to all of these features.
As for demand, you've already got 60+, and growing, franchises interested in this service that we will be building for each :)
Please sign in to leave a comment.