[Wishlist] Integration: Referral Programs Planned
- 5 comments
1) The problem → I want to give each of my members the opportunity to have their own shareable link so they can invite their friends and family to access functionality on that member-specific page while tracking link clicks, views, etc.
2) Why is this important → This is a missed opportunity for me to multiply and scale my member base. If every 10th person got me 1 member, I would increase my members by 10%.
3) What's your plan B → N/A
4) Possible solutions we could build for you →
- Deep integration with some third-party apps that do referral systems
- Build it into Memberstack.
We plan to tackle this problem in 2023. Please upvote or comment to receive notifications.
I'm leaning toward building a rock solid integration with a company like Viral Loops instead of building our own.
Curious what would be involved with that integration. Short term, we might be able to manage the "integration" with some standardized/open source custom code.
Update: It's might be easier than I assumed to build a native referral product/feature into Memberstack
Love this too Duncan Hamra!
Here is a few specificities for this use case : I'd love in the referral program to have something to offer months of a Memberstack memberships to people that refer someone.
Ex : I am Martin. I invite my friend Marta and she subscribed for a 1 year membership. I get automatically 3 months more in my remaining time in the community.
I just wanted to contribute that I think this is an essential feature and I'm glad that Naitik suggested it. It has the potential to unlock exponential growth for Memberstack clients, and in turn, if Memberstack Clients are increasing their subscribers by 10% then Memberstack benefits because more individuals will be levelling up their Pricing plans.
I recognise the excellent potential for integrating with Viral Loops, Kickoff Labs or another third-party platform. Although, I do feel that for those bootstrapping or on a budget, it passes on a substantial expenditure to the Memberstack client, to unlock and utilise those essential features.
If instead it was built into Memberstacks functionality, it would be extraordinary. Thank you for taking the time to read.
Please sign in to leave a comment.